Saturday, October 4, 2008

Age and Aging

How old am i? 24?

To my parents, i am always young. Without the need of doing anything, I am always their son that calls for their concerns, draws their attention, and asks for love. I am never old enough for them not to worry about me.

In my field of expertise- Architecture, i am also young. I am far too young to be able to master the arts of communication and coordination in between consultants and clients; and not mature enough to handle any advanced construction, structural integrity, innovative detailing, as well as appropriate architectural language in complex urbanity and society background. But, in this field, i am young enough to have wild imagination and the willingness of going-beyond. I hope such benefits of mine can stay tuned and be sharpen into a sword for me in this generally sense-petrifying field. I don't want to get numb and robotic-'mechanical' in everyday life under the pathetic norm of capitalism.


Among my friends, i could be quite young too. Some of my friends are even married and having their kids. I think they are truly great, especially parenting their kids. I wish them sincerely for their bright future. Some of my friends have very mature kind of thinking that always takes two steps ahead and just simply foresees third step into accounts. But not simple, for me. Meanwhile, i also have friends who don't think or analyze things too much in their life. A few of them could be even simply annoyed or couldn't be bothered when i just tried analyzing something. To my surprise, actually now no more surprise, quite a lot of them are females. Some girls do prefer sweet words to speech. Well, i don't object about that. Guess that girls are gifted to be entitled fully to enjoy that. Nevertheless, some people who don't analyze their life do live their lives happily than anyone else. Somewhat am i to be envious of. Because, i hardly think nothing for something. In fact, there are times i think something for nothing. It could be a sin.

In love, i am quite naive. I could be not single otherwise. Of course, this doesn't apply to everyone who is single. Right, i am single. I should RSVP for love maybe. lol..
Surviving, i am far too young to be, if by my own. Financially and mentally, i am not mature enough to just survive the tough society by myself. Recently, i have been busy looking for houses because i have to move out soon from my current place. It is a real pain for a foreigner like me here to seek for accommodation. In 4 years time, i have moved 4 times into different places. And now, i am looking for the Fifth.



The rent in Melbourne** is incredibly high compared to Kuala Lumpur due to the incredibly high demand from overwhelming immigration and insufficient supply of housing to accommodate the new population. Lower than 1% vacancy in Melbourne renting properties proves the rent on the rise. If i am going to move out and rent a place by myself, i could end up paying the rent that could actually be the salary of a graduate architect in Malaysia. Such pain graved with the inconvenience of me having to move house every year eventually forced me to come across with the idea of purchasing a house here, Melbourne. Right, ridiculous, but could be reasonably advantageous in long term pay back. I don't have strong and promising financial income as "architects are cheap labors" is not a wrong phrase. Having said that, i started to think and study about property market here lately. (That's why i have been quite busy lately and didn't blog often). This diverting thinking from renting into buying consideration suddenly put me into a state of mind that i have not been stepping in. I suddenly feel aging.

Aging, and i see different things. Maybe it is not so good. Now, advertisements about property sales, news about Australian properties market, even empty land or construction sites, flooded into my sight. Speaking of which, only recently i got to know some basic stuffs about Stamp Duty Cost, Body Corporate Fee, Repayment, Rent Guarantee, Capital Gain, etc this kind of terms. I used to only see beauty, fashion, brand, etc. I think my eyes now are more tired, because i see more. And i see aging. Sudden accelerating aging. This actually made me feel a bit worrisome that i suddenly turn into a old capitalist. Nevertheless, i still love all fun lifestyles things, beauties, fashions, shirts, pants, ties, dress, singlet, skirt, bra, lingerie, fragrance, food, comics, anime, toys and everything. Just that i am a bit tired. Guess i do need more rest.

Sleep now, and so i will be energetic and see things more clearly. Because i need to see things in the possible storm of economic slump. Well, i don't freaking know what is going to happen about that, from that, of that. But there is a good phrase in Chinese. Risk and Opportunity come in juxtaposing bundle. Seek and develop opportunity from within or otherwise take the risk to fall into. 危机。危与机,掌握与错失在于一线间。我看到了什么。

Aging- Picture source:
Pic 1 (modified by me after) . Pic 2.


** Melbourne is one of the most livable cities in the world. I think it is too good for that to have then driven such crazy immigration from both overseas and inter-states in Australia. Many side-effects caused by such phenomenon also contributes to imbalance of gentrification and inflation of many things, including increasing rent! Overwhelming population is now posing a possible threat to the affordability, public transportation, etc to the extent of very livability...

2 comments:

m.yin said...

haiz... u've been thinking about finding a room; I am just wondering any1 wan take over my room! haha!!! so we r considered 同病相怜~ (cry~)

kai 凯 said...

同病相怜~ lol...
唉.. 时间对了. 人对了. 如果我们在同一个地方, 就方便'交易'了. 呵呵...

妳要搬去哪?